Hey, Friends! Awhile back I promised a tutorial on how to make a burlap bubble wreath, and that's what I've got for you today! I am sure you can search Pinterest and find tons of tutorials, so, if this one isn't clear enough, search there! ;)
Here is a list of my supplies. I had most of them on hand, but I had previously purchased all of them at Hobby Lobby for 50% off, so the price listed is the sale price. If you need to purchase all of the items, it will cost between $10-$20.
wire wreath form - $1.50
two rolls of burlap - $5.99
one bunch of fake flowers (totally optional!) $2.50
Honestly, my tutorial is less of a "tutorial" and more of a "this is how I do it" kinda post. Good luck.
I start by folding one end of the burlap roll and weaving it into the wreath form.
I did not use hot glue or stitch the burlap or knot it. I just twisted it through the wire and called it good. Then I just started pulling and twisting small sections through the wire, and I "poofed" them up as I went along. Very technical. Keep up if you can.
I prefer to feed the burlap through the bottom of the wreath, but you can do whatever works best. My method really ISN'T a method. It's just manipulating the burlap as I go along. It took about 10 minutes to fill half the wreath.
I started the second roll right where I left off, using the same weaving technique from the beginning. Obviously, I used a touch more burlap for the second half of the wreath.
Oops! Fortunately, I stock up on the burlap rolls whenever they are on sale, so I just grabbed a bit more from my stash!
When I made one of these for my Christmas mantle, I used a pick with some pearl "berries" to dress up the wreath a bit. I liked it so much, I kept it up for January! I think the wreath looks great just plain. I also have seen it look really sweet with a bow or some flowers. Since it is spring (although it is FREEZING today and there is SNOW in the forecast!), I wanted to put just a "sprig" of flowers on the wreath. I love this time of year when everything is waking up and blooming!
I cut apart the bunch of flowers I had, and I just used a small part of them for this wreath.
Then I tied a piece of twine to the wreath form and hung it on the front of the house.
The total time for this project, including gathering the supplies and clean up, was under 30 minutes. My kinda project! ;)
I hope that wherever you are today you take a moment to enjoy the Son!